Strapped For Cash? Dump the Boob Tube for YouTube!
Are you considering dumping your current cable or satellite television service to save money? You are not alone. With today’s economy and the busy lives of everyday people, watching television online has become an increasingly popular option.
You don’t have to be internet or computer savvy to utilize this alternate way of enjoying your favorite television shows right from your home computer or laptop. The sites and software are plentiful and the benefits are many. Naturally there are also drawbacks, but first let’s focus on why this new age way of television watching is stealing customers of cable and satellite across the globe.
Benefits of Watching TV Online
Why would anyone want to watch television on a computer screen instead of on their TV? Here are a few reasons:
- Save money – keeping some extra cash in the pocket has motivated many a cable/satellite customer to switch to watching TV online. Websites that offer television viewing are often completely free or ask for a low monthly or annual membership payment. No cable or satellite company can come up with a special to beat these savings!
- No commercials – well, almost. You may have to watch a message from a sponsor, but they are far shorter than commercials and some sites only have them at the beginning of the video, while others have a sponsor’s message in particular increments during the show.
- Convenient – when you get home from work, the latest episode of your favorite series is right there waiting for you. Whenever you’ve got the time, you can enjoy your favorite shows – and pause and rewind them.
- Selection – Aside from watching the latest shows on television online, you can find many shows that are no longer broadcasted on TV channels.
Drawbacks of Watching TV Online
Like all good things, watching television online has it downfalls. After hearing its benefits you may be wondering what’s not to love about making the switch, here’s what:
- Quality – high speed internet and a computer in perfect working condition are essential when viewing TV shows online, but even the best internet connection can have problems with slow or choppy playing of shows.
- Waiting Period – you may have to wait a few days to watch your favorite show’s latest episodes, until they become available online.
So there you have it, the good and the bad of internet television watching. If you think you would enjoy and benefit from this modern method of entertainment, here are some places to start watching your favorite shows (old and new) today!
- Comcast.com (ironic, isn’t it?)
Today, every network has a website and you can usually watch that network’s regular shows whenever you want via their site. You can check your local tech stores for more information on software that will turn your PC into a TV for you and your friends to enjoy anytime!
About the Author:
Ken Ivey, aka “the Web Czar” – wants to help you leverage technology to reach your goals. Contact Ken for a free initial consultation to see how the web can work for you. His website is www.kenivey.com