I napped on & off throughout the day, I think there must be something in the stem cell collection process that zaps your energy. Still slept through the night too. It’s so good to be back home, if only for a few days.
It’d be appropriate to list a few of the things I’m thankful for this year, so here goes:
- Jesus Christ. I think you know how much I depend on Him. ’nuff said. (but if you need details, please let me know)
- Robin. What is the value of a Godly woman? Well, it’s beyond measure. She saved me this year, in more ways than one. Men, when you find a good woman – treasure her. I do.
- You. Surprised? You shouldn’t be. Without your intercession on my behalf through prayer, I’m quite sure I wouldn’t have made such progress. And your financial support has been invaluable. Thank you.
- The VA. They get a bad rap on TV, but I’ve been blessed by the best of medical care, as well as the support of staff. They’ve been the best.
- Cancer. Seems counter-intuitive, I know – but being this sick has once again helped me see things through another lens, a paradigm shift if you will, as well as put me very close to all in this life that is good. There are so many people out there – people I’d only known in that moment – who’ve been there for me with a gesture of kindness – to help me cross a bumpy street in a wheelchair, dig through the lost and found for a t-shirt with a pocket, hold my hand as I wept, or bring a pug to visit in my hospital room. There is so much good. I am blessed.